- Product Dimensions: 4.8 x 2.5 x 0.5 inches ; 4.5 ounces
- Shipping Weight: 14.4 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- Shipping: This item is also available for shipping to select countries outside the U.S.
- ASIN: B005V50FZY
- Item model number: Avail
Price : $124.88
You Save : $5.11 (4%)
Amazon.com Product Description
Enjoy the power of the Android platform while enjoying the freedom of AT;T's GoPhone pre-paid service with the AT;T Avail from ZTE. The 3G-enabled Avail lets you fire off text messages and e-mails on the 3.5-inch capacitive touchscreen. Snap photos and record videos with the 5-megapixel camera and camcorder and upload them to Facebook or YouTube. And keep yourself organized by customizing up to seven home screens with the apps and widgets you use most.
Running the Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) operating system, you'll be able to download apps, games, books, and movies from Android Market when you have a little free time, and do it all while listening to your favorite songs on the Avail's built-in music player.
Other features include Wi-Fi networking (802.11b/g), Bluetooth for hands-free devices and stereo music streaming, included 2 GB microSD card (with expansion to 32 GB via optional cards), access to personal and corporate e-mail, GPS for navigation using Google Maps or optional AT;T Navigator, and up to 5 hours of talk time.
Pay As You Go with GoPhone
With AT;T's GoPhone pay-as-you-go service, you get all the benefits of wireless without the surprises--no long-term contracts, credit checks, or deposits. You can easily refill your minutes via prepaid cards or the Internet, or choose to prepay each month and roll over unused minutes.
You can choose from a variety of plans that suit your individual needs--including monthly and daily plans with unlimited talk and text messaging as well as a simple per-minute plan. And with Rollover Balance, you can carry over your unused account balance when you refill before your balance expires, up to the account maximum (learn more below).
The AT;T Avail weighs 4.48 ounces and measures 4.57 x 2.46 x 0.5 inches. Its lithium-ion battery is rated at up to 5 hours of talk time, and up to 225 hours (9.4 days) of standby time. It runs on the 850/900/1800/1900 MHz GSM/GPRS/EDGE frequencies as well as AT;T's dual-band 3G network (850/1900 MHz; HSDPA/UMTS) plus 2100 MHz international 3G networks.
What's in the Box
AT;T Avail handset, rechargeable battery, wall charger, charger, 2 GB microSD card, quick start guide, SIM card
Android Gingerbread Operating System
The AT;T Avail runs the Android 2.3 operating system (dubbed Gingerbread)--the fastest version of Android available for smartphones yet. It features a cleaner, more refined interface with new icons, improved top notification bar, and more intuitive navigation.
Multitasking in Gingerbread allows you the ability to run more than one app at a time. If you're playing a game, you can easily switch to an incoming e-mail and then switch back to the game without losing your place. And like the previous version of Android ("Froyo"), Gingerbread provides support for Adobe Flash Player 10.1 for access to the full Web.
The onscreen keyboard makes it easier to type thanks to additional spacing between the keys and larger font sizes. And the more you use the keyboard, the easier typing will be as the enhanced suggest feature records previous input history to make better suggestions.
The AT;T Avail also brings one-touch access to the popular Google mobile services you use every day. It also provides easy access to both personal and corporate e-mail, calendars, and contacts supported by Exchange Server and Gmail. And through Android Market, you'll get access to thousands of useful applications, widgets, and fun games to download and install on your phone, with many more apps being added every day.
- Android Market for browsing and downloading thousands of free and paid apps
- Pre-loaded Android apps: Browser, Calculator, Calendar (Google or Corporate), Camera, Clock, Contacts, Email, Gallery, Messaging, Music, News ; Weather, Phone, Settings, Video Player, Voice Dialer, Voice Search, YouTube
- Google applications: Gmail, Google Search, Google Voice Search, Google Latitude, Google Maps, Google Places, Google Talk
- Google Maps Navigation with spoken turn-by-turn directions showing real-time traffic and 360° views of the destination
AT;T GoPhone Service
AT;T's pay-as-you-go GoPhone plans are wireless plans made easy, simply pay in advance for what you need. No long-term contracts, credit checks, or surprise bills--just all the benefits of wireless, with no complications. In addition, AT;T's Rollover Balance feature lets you carry over your unused account balance when you purchase refill minutes before your balance expires.
Other great GoPhone features include no long distance or roaming fees across AT;T's national service area, the ability to track usage via text messages with an updated balance after each call, and the ability to refill your minutes 24-hours a day, 7-days a week. You can also choose to add international long distance for calling to over 50 countries (including Mexico landlines and Canada) for just $10 for 250 minutes. And you can cancel any time without penalty.
GoPhone Plan Options
- $50 Monthly Unlimited Plan includes unlimited talk, text (both U.S. and internationally), and access to Internet data and web browsing (smartphone users must purchase a separate data package).
- $25 Monthly Plan includes 250 minutes of talk time, unlimited text messages, and international texting at 25¢ per message. Data and mobile web browsing is charged per use, or you can buy a package.
- $2 Unlimited Daily Talk ; Text is a good plan for those who do not use their phone every day, and data packages can be added. It's charged ONLY on days when the phone is used to make or receive a voice call (including a call to voice mailbox), use IM, or send a text or picture/video/sound message. Data is charged per use, or via a package.
- Per Minute enables you to make phone calls at just 10¢ a mintte--perfect for those looking to use their phone very infrequently or for emergencies. You can also send texts at 20¢ per message (25¢ per international message), or choose a monthly package. Data is charged per use, or via a package.
Smartphone users can use any of these GoPhone plans, however, a smartphone require a data/web package to use data/web services. Pay-per-use data/web is not available on smartphone devices. Data packages for all GoPhone plan options (for mobile web access for e-mail, Facebook, Twitter, and more) include the following:
- 500 MB for $25
- 100 MB for $15
- 10 MB for $5
Data packages are good for 30 days, as long as your account balance is not expired. Standard rates apply if feature package is not renewed after 30 days.
Learn more about AT;T GoPhone plans from this handy chart, plus check out AT;T's nationwide coverage map.
How to Refill Your Account
For your convenience 24/7, you can add money to your account in a variety of ways and in a variety of amounts.
- With Rollover Balance, if you refill your account before your balance expires, you keep your unused balance.
- Purchase a refill card at any AT;T store and over 200,000 other retail locations in the U.S. Most refill cards will let you dial 888 to refill using the PIN number on the card.
- Use a credit/debit card and visit att.com/mygophone to refill online. You can also set up Auto Refill and Text to Refill, which enables you to refill directly from your phone.
To check on your current balance, dial777 and press SEND to receive a text massage indicating your account balance and expiration date.
AT;T GoPhone refill cards are available in these amounts:
- $15 (30-day expiration)
- $25 (90-day expiration)
- $50 (90-day expiration)
- $60 (90-day expiration)
- $100 (1-year expiration)
- Affordable Android-powered smartphone with 3.5-inch touchscreen and Wi-Fi networking
- Pay for just the minutes you use with no annual contract--easy refill via Internet or prepaid cards
- 5-MP camera/camcorder; Bluetooth stereo music; microSD expansion; HTML web browser with Flash 10.1
- Up to 5 hours of talk time, up to 225 hours (9.4 days) of standby time; released in October, 2011
- What's in the Box: handset, rechargeable battery, wall charger, charger, 2 GB microSD card, quick start guide, SIM card
Pros: 3.5 inch screen is nice (compared to the Thrive's 3.2 inch)
5 mega pixel camera takes good pictures.
Screen is bright and responsive/ does not look or feel cheap
Compatible with most apps
Gingerbread 2.3.4 runs flawlessly
Call quality is good, speaker is
Cons: Does Not support Adobe Flash.
CPU run at 600MHz (This has not been disclosed anywhere I looked online.)
Case feels a little cheap
No flash for the camera
Lags when loading big apps
Battery life is about 5 hours with heavy use (apps and text/talk)
Summary: I had been using the LG Prime since June of 2010 and wanted to upgrade without a contract. I considered an Lg Thrive but didn't like the price point or weight of the phone. Saw this in the AT;T store. I liked the feel of it and the size of the screen. I have had it for about three weeks now and have no complaints. I think this is a good prepaid android phone and a steal at $149.
I got my AT;T Avail a few days ago and - being my 1st "smartphone" - I'm very impressed! It's a great phone for your basic talking and texting needs and the 5 MP camera takes great pictures. Although NO FLASH for the camera requires a steady hand and a still subject when taking pictures in poor lighting conditions.
I'm totally new to "APS". The phone comes preloaded with a ton of them - most of which I haven't found any real use for, but I found tons of FREE APS on the Android Market that I'm really enjoying, like Angry Birds, Zedge and Google Sky Map.
Activating the phone was easy. I DID have to pay extra for a data plan.
Overall, being a first timer, I have no idea how it compares to other Android phones or IPhones, but the phone is great for someone like me.