- Item Weight: 8 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 8 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- ASIN: B004K4IUVI
- Item model number: Eris
Price : $108.00
The HTC Droid Eris offers a slim design, plentiful features, and satisfying performance. It also has pinch and zoom multitouch. The phone is locked to the Verizon Wireless network (which uses CDMA technology and does not require a SIM card) and can be flashed or unlocked to another network if wanted. This is not a GSM technology phone nor is it unlocked for other CDMA carriers.
- HTC DROID ERIS 3.2-inch Touchscreen Dual-Band CDMA Smartphone General Features: Color: Black
- Android OS 2.1 (Eclair) pre-installed Verizon branded 3.2-inch (320 x 480) capacitive touchscreen
- Dual-band CDMA 800/1900 MHz, CDMA2000 1xRTT/1xEVDO revision A Qualcomm MSM7600 528 MHz processor
- 512 MB ROM 288 MB RAM Track ball menu navigation Built-in 5.0 MP camera w/auto-focus
- Bluetooth 2.0+EDR
I have had this phone for going on a year now. I would say it is a great phone for anyone who would like an android phone, but would not plan to overuse its features (lots of apps, running widgets 24/7, etc....). Becoming more android savvy, I am replacing mine with something with more oomph. I have been disappointed in how little android saves to the memory card and instead to the phone itself.
Camera: It takes wonderful pictures....in good sunlight. But as does any cell phone camera. The videos are ok, and you can save a send-able file or one however long you like.
Battery: The battery lasted apprx. 10-12 hours a day on average use, 6-8hrs on heavy use, and probably would've lasted about 2 days on light use (only for phonecalls).
android version: This phone currently does not run froyo but it does run android 2.1, which works fine.
My phone became slow mostly because of the games and widgets I wanted to use. So if you are a light user, this is a great phone for the money.
As long as all you use this phone for is phone calls, your battery might last half the day. I can not and would not purchase this phone again if I had the choice.